Benefits of Membership
- The TAMS Tidbits newsletter and Journal are mailed to active members to help keep you current on educational developments both statewide and nationally.
- Professional growth opportunities through regional and state conferences are available.
- Information regarding our three yearly conferences is mailed to members.
- Membership entitles you to discounted rates for both our Saturday morning drive-in conferences and the annual summer conference.
- Most systems extend in-service credit for annual and drive-in conferences.
- Members are eligible for special recognition through TAMS AWARDS.
TAMS is recognized as a positive force for education. Join with your fellow educators who are actively working for quality middle level education for our students in Tennessee.
In June 2011 the parent organization of TAMS, National Middle School Association, changed their name to Association for Middle Level Education. After much discussion, it was felt that “National” did not adequately reflect the growing international membership. And, the organization is dedicated to middle level education of grades 5-9, regardless of the name or grade configuration of the schools that house them, so the change removes the “Middle School” designation.
Note: This dual affiliate membership is now available online via the NMSA web site. To obtain or renew a dual membership for TAMS and NMSA, visit this web address.